SIA COVID STATEMENT
All 49th Annual Conference registrants must read the following statement and agree to abide by the terms and conditions stated therein in order to participate in the conference.
The SIA is committed to making the Lehigh Valley Conference a safe experience and to the protection of our members, volunteers, sites, vendors, and hotel, restaurant, and bus workers. Please be patient and understanding as COVID has been a constant discussion point throughout the postponements and rescheduling of our conference. The COVID-19 pandemic is not over, and the SIA will proceed in the best interest with full due diligence for the protection of public health.
We are aware that, while COVID restrictions are being loosened in many places, virus variants are causing new concerns. We will monitor the situation and may require masks or other public health measures as we deem necessary. Observance of these requirements are a condition of participation in the tours and conference. A failure to comply will result in your removal from the tours and conference.
Over the past 18 months, planners from the local committee have worked with industries, heritage sites, and community partners to assemble tours and site visits. We have rescheduled the Lehigh Valley conference twice and while many of our original sites have agreed to work with us again, some have not due to COVID. While the current tour itineraries are well set, sites may still change their minds as conditions change.
The Board approved a vaccination requirement for registration and in-person attendance at the conference. Specifically, registration will require proof of full COVID-19 vaccination as defined by the Centers for Disease Control:
“People are considered fully vaccinated:
- 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
- 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Johnson vaccine
If you do not meet these requirements, regardless of your age, you are NOT fully vaccinated.”
There will be no exceptions to this requirement. Conference participants must email an image of their US DHHS/CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card to SIA Headquarters (email@example.com) to finalize their registration for the conference (please put COVID Proof of Vaccination and your name in the subject line). Beyond our own commitment to protect the health of our members, this is also a requirement to visit some of the tour sites Bode Morin and the local committee have planned.
COVID terms and conditions:
- The SIA wants all members to enjoy the Lehigh Valley and have a safe and rewarding experience.
- ALL attendees must be vaccinated and show proof of vaccination prior to attending. We will be following CDC and Pennsylvania Department of Health guidelines for fully vaccinated people at all events and programs.
- Bus drivers will be vaccinated to ensure a fully vaccinated bus. In the event of a last-minute driver change, that driver will provide proof of a negative COVID test within 72 hours and will be masked the entire trip.
- IF we can ensure a fully vaccinated bus, then tour attendees may follow CDC and Pennsylvania Department of Health guidelines for fully vaccinated people at public gatherings.
- In the event of a potential threat to public and attendee safety, masking MAY be required on buses.
- Failure to comply with SIA tour rules, including masking, may result in immediate expulsion from the tour and conference. Updated “road rules” will be provided by the time of the conference.
- In the event an attendee develops symptoms, they will immediately remove themselves from conference participation and self-isolate. They will need to get a rapid COVID test and a negative result to rejoin the conference. Locations for a test will be provided at registration. If a person is on a bus tour, they will need to make arrangements through a taxi or rideshare service to return to the hotel and arrange a test.
- Any positive test results must be reported to the designated SIA Covid Safety Coordinator.
- CDC guidelines state that vaccinated individuals who are exposed to COVID do not need to isolate or get tested. However, we will ask for every registrant’s cell phone number and use it to notify attendees of any COVID event.
- Please refer to: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated-guidance.html