SIA COVID STATEMENT
All 50th Annual Conference registrants must read the following statement and agree to abide by the terms and conditions stated therein in order to participate in the conference.
The SIA is committed to making the Portland Conference a safe experience and to the protection of our members, volunteers, sites, vendors, and hotel, restaurant, and bus workers. We appreciate your continued patience as we adapt to the changing pandemic. The COVID-19 pandemic is not over, and the SIA will proceed in the best interest with full due diligence for the protection of public health.
Masks are no longer required in Multnomah County, in which Portland is located, but they remain encouraged on public transportation including buses, the MAX, and air travel,
- Masks are strongly recommended for people who have compromised immunity or live with someone who does.
- Masks are encouraged for everyone, as one way to protect people who are unvaccinated, including children under 5.
Additionally, some of our tour destinations require masks. Observance of these requirements are a condition of participation in the tours and conference. A failure to comply will result in your removal from the tours and conference.
Registration will require proof of being fully up to date with your COVID-19 vaccinations as defined by the Centers for Disease Control. Up to date means a person has received all recommended doses in their primary series COVID-19 vaccine, and a booster dose when eligible.
There will be no exceptions to this requirement. If you have not provided proof of vaccination, your registration will be cancelled. Beyond our own commitment to protect the health of our members, this is also a requirement to visit some of the tour sites the local committee has planned.
COVID terms and conditions:
- The SIA wants all members to enjoy Portland and have a safe and rewarding experience.
- ALL attendees must be vaccinated and show proof of vaccination prior to attending. We will be following CDC and Oregon Health Authority guidelines for up to date vaccinated people at all events and programs.
- Failure to comply with SIA tour rules, including masking, may result in immediate expulsion from the tour and conference. Updated “road rules” will be provided by the time of the conference.
- In the event an attendee develops symptoms, they will immediately remove themselves from conference participation and self-isolate. They will need to get a rapid COVID test and a negative result to rejoin the conference. Any positive test results must be reported to the designated SIA Covid Safety Coordinator.
- CDC guidelines state that vaccinated individuals who are exposed to COVID do not need to isolate or get tested. However, we will ask for every registrant’s cell phone number and use it to notify attendees of any COVID event.
- Please refer to: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/booster-shot.html and https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/quarantine-isolation.html for best practices.
- The SIA may, if official government recommendations change, modify these terms and conditions in order to protect the health of all involved in the Conference.