The SIA is a nonprofit, international, interdisciplinary organization that brings together people of varied backgrounds who share a common interest in the archeology of industry, engineering, and technology in general. Our diverse membership is our greatest asset. It includes architects, archeologists, engineers, industrialists, museum specialists, planners, historians, preservationists, teachers, students, retirees, and many non-professionals for whom industrial archeology is an exciting avocation.
Memberships run with the calendar year. New members receive all journals and newsletters mailed during the year, no matter when enrolled. All new members receive one extra journal during their first year. New members joining during the last quarter of the year are enrolled as members through the following year at no extra charge. New and gift members will receive a welcome package of information about the SIA via regular mail. Renewing members and gift givers will receive an acknowledgement of on-line membership payment.
Membership benefits include:
- The quarterly Society for Industrial Archeology Newsletter, containing current news and announcements, listings of recent publications of interest, and a calendar of activities
- IA, The Journal of the Society for Industrial Archeology, as published. IA is the principal forum for the publication of current research in industrial archeology. Each issue of this peer reviewed journal contains scholarly articles, essays and book reviews.
- Notification by mail of upcoming conferences and tours
- Discounts on conference and tour registration fees and SIA publications
- Access to a network of informed colleagues and the opportunity to share your interests with others from around the world.
- Individual Membership: $50 (In U.S. dollars & drawn on a US bank if paid by check) for the membership year (This amount is $0 tax deductible as a donation).
- Household (Joint) Membership: $55 (USD) Includes one set of publications. Be sure to include name of spouse on application form (This amount is $0 tax deductible as a donation).
- Full-time Student Membership: $20 (USD) Must send proof of current full time registration (This amount is $0 tax deductible as a donation).
- Institutional Membership: $50 (USD) Please include primary institutional contact person on application form (This amount is $0 tax deductible as a donation).
- Contributing Member: $100 (USD) May include spouse as joint contributing member. One set of publications (This amount is $50 tax deductible as a donation for an individual contributing membership or $45 for a joint contributing membership).
- Sustaining Member: $150 (USD) May include spouse as joint sustaining member. One set of publications (This amount is $100 tax deductible as a donation for an individual contributing membership or $95 for a joint contributing membership).
- Corporate Member: $500 (USD) (This amount is $450 tax deductible as a donation)
- Note: There is an additional surface-mailing fee of $10.00 (USD) for members with mailing addresses outside of North America.